Sunday, December 10, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I had a very sweet Christmas today with Bella and her friend. Bella made wonderful food--pasta with veggies and chicken and a very good trifle-like dessert with strawberries. I was her cooking assistant, but I could never make anything as wonderful as what she does. She's a great cook.

Then we exchanged gifts. She gave me books and incense :) And an Indigo Girls CD :) One of the books was especially sweet. It was Amy Tan's new book, Saving Fish from Drowning. The reason it was such a special gift was because one of the first things we did together was go to Amy Tan's reading. It meant a lot that she remembered that, too. It was sweet.

Then we watched the end of the rerun of the Suns-Nets game. I must admit that I had never watched a professional basketball game, although I went to all of the home games at my high school and at my college. It was kind of fun to watch Bella get so excited about the game. It was neat to become aquainted with the sport, as well. Steve Nash is cool to watch.

All in all, it was a very nice day, and I'm very glad that I got to spend it with the sweetest person I know, the fabulous Bella.

No comments: