Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New Blogs

I have added two blogs to my list, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to plug the whole list.

Compostcompote is a blog written by a friend of mine about religion and politics mostly, but not entirely. She is a liberal Democrat, and her writing is extremely funny.

frogblog is written by a liberal lesbian feminist Episcopalian, and I find much of her blog very honest, funny, and heartwarming. She talks a lot about her own life, and I find many connections to my own.

How to Be Lovely is also written by a good friend who is the most fun person I know. Her blog is also fun and her sense of humor wonderful.

Name That Mama is written by a lesbian couple who is in the process of having a baby. One partner is due in the next few weeks. They are about my age (25-ish), and this is their first child. I am terribly excited for them. I want that someday.

One Good Thing is written by a woman who owns a sex toy shop in Chicago. Her blog is the funniest that I read. She is a mother of two young boys, and I think currently running her shop out of her garage.

Over the Rainbow is also written by a close friend. The blog is mostly in Chinese but is worth the read for the bits that are in English if you don't speak Chinese as I don't. She is a fun person with a terrific sense of humor.

Postcards of Grief is written by one half of the Name That Mama couple. She is the partner who is currently pregnant. She started the blog as a way to deal with the grief of her late mother's battle with breast cancer. Her blog is very down-to-earth and human. I admire that.

Happy Reading!

No comments: