Monday, January 23, 2006

Brief Update

Because I know I have readers who care about me, I want to let you know what has been going on. I am still here. It has been an agonizingly hard week or so since I've been back. School-wise things are going fine. Church-wise things are a mess. We have been going through a very hard time as a church, and it has been agonizing for me. It started just before Christmas, and we had huge church meetings both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. I feel like I am losing that center of stability. I hope things even out here soon. I have also been incredibly homesick. It's always hard to come back after a break. I need to live closer to home. Two thousand miles just doesn't cut it. Tomorrow is my ex's birthday. I haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks, which I expected. Perhaps the breakup is easier not speaking. I don't know. I sat in my counselor's office and sobbed on Friday afternoon about all of the things that are going wrong in my life. She says that I accept blame far too easily and that it will get better. My counselor helped me put things in perspective, and I am feeling better at the moment about it. I have good days and bad. My counselor says I need to join an exercise class and make an effort to get out more. She is right, of course. She is always right, at least in my experience.

I have been watching M*A*S*H all the time. I love that show. It's the greatest thing around. Also I am really sick of that Herpecin L commercial on the TVGuide channel. My cat is still hiding in the closet all the time :( She's afraid of my noisy neighbors. I have also been reading weird poetry, which I will eventually blog about. And The Horse and His Boy. Did I mention I finished The Eyre Affair over a week ago? It's wonderful. I recommend it. It's one of the most hysterical books I've ever read.

No comments: