Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Near Sighted

I got new glasses today as part of my Christmas present from my parents. I have needed them for a couple of years. I'd been wearing my old ones since college and could no longer see the chalkboard from the front of the room. Not a good thing when you're trying to teach. I have new ones now, though. They don't look as dykey as my old ones, but they're pretty darn snazzy.

Someone on the feminist board I post on told me that the way to get through a breakup is to take life hour by hour. I have found this advice to be very helpful. I have been keeping (extremely) busy and have just dealt with each moment as it comes. I had a really hard day all day yesterday. Today I am feeling a little more optimistic about life. At least right now. I try not to look too far into the future because that is depressing. At the moment, the near sighted approach to life has been easier. It hasn't been an easy journey, but I am surviving right now.

No comments: