Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Horse and His Boy

I finished it last night, and I liked it better than The Magician's Nephew. I love Shasta. My favorite scene is the one where Aslan is walking next to Shasta when he is on a narrow ridge in the fog. Shasta doesn't realize that Aslan is protecting him until he sees the ridge later and realizes how much danger he was in at the time. Aslan speaks to Shasta in the same scene and tells him that he was also the cat who comforted him when Shasta was lonely and scared. I was very moved by that scene. I did find some of Aslan's manipulation in other scenes a bit disturbing, though.

I started Prince Caspian last night, and it is fascinating so far. It may turn out to be my favorite of the series so far. I will, of course, keep you updated.

No comments: