Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bargains

I spent most of yesterday with my two aunts, my grandmother, and my mother. We met for lunch midway between our houses. We sat around and chatted for quite a while, and then we went to my favorite store, Goody's, and hit their big clearance sale. Shopping is Aunt M. and Aunt GA's favorite thing to do. The two of them, my sister, and I go every year at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving. It's always fantastic. We're always some of the first people in line at the places giving away free things. We have a whole collection of Mickey Mouse snow globes from JCPenney. We always get excellent deals on everything we buy. We all shop with the philosophy that if it is not extremely marked down, then we don't buy it until it is. My mother is the same way, but she hates to shop and usually spends the day helping my grandmother decorate her house. The day after Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year, second only to my grandmother's party the day after Christmas. My relatives are lots of fun and the kindest, funniest people I know. I love my family.

At any rate, yesterday. I bought five items at extremely marked down prices. I won the deal contest yesterday. Drum roll......

1. a Duck Head long sleeve striped henley shirt, reg. $32, on sale for $1.50
2. a red shirt with a white collar, reg. $25, on sale for $1.50
3. a red plaid Duck Head shirt that can be either long sleeved or short sleeved, reg. $32, on sale for $2.00
4. a black and white zip-up jacket to run in, reg. $29.99, on sale for $2.00
5. pink pajama pants to run in, reg. $19.99, on sale for $2.00

Total Price Without Sales: $138.98
Total Price With Sales: $9.00
Total Savings: $129.98

I did well.

No comments: