Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fiction Blues

I have been working and slaving over a story that really sucks. It is a second draft, and I'm afraid that the first draft was much better. The second draft is not good, and it's due today. I'm going to go home now and work on it some more. Perhaps it is better than I think it is? They can't say it isn't revised at least. The only thing I left the same is the names of the characters. Is this good? I don't know. I feel like the first draft had a poetry that the second draft doesn't have. So I'm a bit concerned about it. The second draft has long scenes that the first draft didn't have, though. I need a happy medium between the two, somehow. Also I need to get to the meat of the story sometime before page seven. . . .

1 comment:

LadyKate said...

Good luck with that.

And hey, I'm going to be a pain in the butt *G* but now that you've been admitted to the board, come on over and start posting! :)

Here's a good thread to introduce yourself:

Your Xenite Questionnaire

Not to be a pest but reading your blog I just keep thinking how great it'll be to have an intelligent person like you around and posting. :)