Saturday, April 22, 2006

Glimpses of Easter

I wrote a few days ago about being extremely out of wack because of being off my medicine for a few days. Each day that I have been on the medication has been a little better. When I first got glasses, I was amazed at the fact that there were actually leaves on the trees. Going back on the medicine was a little like that.

*****

My last relationship ended very badly a few months ago. I spent a lot of the winter dating around and really getting to know myself again. I have recently met this wonderful woman, Renee, who actually seems to get me. The first time we talked, we talked all night. I've never been able to talk to anyone like that. And she makes me laugh like no one but my sister ever makes me laugh. We're taking things slowly, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. She's an awesome person.

*****

Last year on Palm Sunday, I joined my church. I adore my church. I had a really negative experience in a church when I was in college, which involved the pastor mocking gays from the pulpit. I still felt the desire to go to church, but I guess I just didn't feel entirely safe doing it. My church here is the most welcoming, caring place I have ever been. I've gotten really involved lately. I joined the choir about a month ago, and I'm going through a lay ministry program where I will keep track of five families within the church through phone calls and cards and stuff like that. I think it will be a great program. It's the first time we've done anything like it at my church. I had my second day of training this morning. I feel safe in this place.

No comments: