Monday, January 01, 2007

2006

Was it a good year?
yes, in a lot of ways.

Why??
I grew a lot as a person. My fiance and I broke up at the end of 2005, so 2006 was the first time I had been single in a while. It was also the first time I had really taken the time to date around and really explore what it was that I wanted in a partner. I also had the opportunity to do all kinds of cool outdoors things that I really enjoyed. I made new friends, and I got some new hobbies.

Have you had a serious relationship?
I am seriously waiting for someone.

Have you made new friends?
yes, several

Have you lost anybody?
yes

Where did you spend the year?
in the northwest

What did you do this summer?
I did telephone health surveys and played outside a lot. I also read A LOT.

What did you do on the 4th of July?
nothing that I can recall

How many parties have you been to?
I went to a GLBT church party and a Halloween party. I think that was it...

Did you drink any alcohol?
yes, not a lot, but yes

Did you take any drugs?
no

Have you done anything illegal?
no

Did you have any ..'firsts..' this year, what was it?
first time waiting for someone, first time as an adjunct professor, first time teaching upper level poetry writing, first time mountain biking, climbing a mountain, camping in Nevada, climbing sand dunes, doing serious stargazing

Anything you regret?
not standing up for myself when I should have

What shocked you?
that I was able to do any of that outdoorsy stuff. I was playing with someone who plays rough and long. I was surprised that I could keep up.

Are you proud of anything you did or that happened this year?
yes, I successfully defended my thesis, graduated with my Master's, and got a job teaching college level English.

What did you spend most time on doing?
hanging out with people I care about, grading papers, reading, watching movies (I watched a lot of movies this year)

What should you've done more?
writing. I have been on a writing hiatus of sorts for a few months. It's past time to get back into it.

And less?
eating at Wendy's.

Any resolutions for next year?
yes. more detailed list to follow.

What was ________ about the year?

BEST?
teaching upper level poetry and meeting the fabulous Bella of course

WORST?
seeing my grandmother so sick at Thanksgiving and seeing my cousin still being given a hard time at school

most FUN?
I did a lot of fun things this year. I don't know that I could pick just one.

less FUN?
grading SO MANY English 102 essays. those were always hard weeks with very little sleep.

SADDEST?
when my grandmother broke her hip and just before she needed a pacemaker put in, seeing my cousin go through so much at school because of his disability

COOLEST?
seeing the animal tracks on the sand dunes in the early morning

Who...

was your best friend?
I have a few. Josh, Judith, and the fabulous Bella now, as well.

did you hate?
Hate is a strong word, but I tend to dislike anyone who hurts people I care about.

did you love?
I love a lot of people.

helped you most?
my family, Bella

supported you?
the fabulous Bella, my family

was your HERO?
my grandmother (mom's mom), always

What was you favorite...

shirt?
I have this sweater that I absolutely adore. It used to be my sister's.

shoes?
my Columbia sandles

CD?
Indians Nomads Saints by the Indigo Girls and Michelle Malone's collection of 20 songs (I want to say it's called 20, but I'm not sure).

book?
I read so much this year. I'd say it's a toss up between all of Jasper Fforde's books, Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson, Krik? Krak! by Edwidge Danticat, The Quick of It by Eamon Grennan, and Carolyn Forche's books. I just couldn't tell you.

class?
that I took, that would be the small press class I took last spring. that I taught, my intermediate poetry class this past fall and my intro to poetry class last spring. they were both pretty great.

website?
netflix.com

Where...

did you spend your freetime?
during the summer, outside all over the place, mostly in the mountains. I loved every minute of it. Since it's gotten colder, I've met Bella and have been hanging out with her a lot all over :) I've loved every minute of that, as well.

did you want to be?
Venice?

What was special about this year?
lots of things. Meeting Bella definitely stands out. Also teaching was pretty great. Playing outside was great.

Can you believe 2006 is over?
yes, it was a long year.

No comments: