Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Six Facts

I've done this one before, but it's kind of fun. Here are six things you may or may not know about me.

1. I go to the public library almost every day. I have a hold list there that is constantly at its limit (the limit is ten per person). It is almost entirely full of movies.

2. I talk Harry Potter with everyone I can. I have been known to swap 7th book theories with random strangers on street corners. And yes, I think I know how the last book is going to end. Luckily, I have a few equally obsessed friends. In the last month, I have had dinner and drinks with another obsessed friend and have spoken to another who is crocheting DA scarves for the opening of the 5th movie. We're going to look snazzy.

3. I adore Gospel music. I love to sing it. I love to listen to it. I love it so much that I had a brief stint in the African-American Gospel choir at my undergraduate school. The only reason it was a brief stint, as opposed to anything more lengthy, was because the rehearsals were so long. I just didn't have time. One of the things that attracted me to my church was the fact that we sing Gospel sometimes and the pianist plays Gospel unbelievably well.

4. I was not allowed to see movies rated PG-13 until I was 17. The only times I ever snuck out of the house as an adolescent were to see PG-13 movies. I was such a rebel.

5. I try to get a biggie iced tea from Wendy's every day of the week. And my mother says I don't have an addictive personality...

6. I still think that someday I am going to be taking my religious smorgasboard of beliefs to seminary.

And one to grow on: I always thought of my hometown as incredibly narrow-minded. I have found out in the last year that nobody there gives a damn that I'm gay. In fact, many of them are, as well. I have loved getting back in touch with so many good and kind people from my past. It's also such a relief to be able to walk down the streets there and know that I can be myself. I never thought that I would want to go back to a high school reunion. This past year has made me question that decision a bit. Someday I may just go back.

No comments: