Sunday, December 11, 2005

My name isn't Horse; it's Phillip

The first movie I remember watching as a child was the animated version of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. I remember sitting next to my aunt on the couch while my three cousins sat on the floor below us. I must have been about three at the time. I was fascinated by the story. I cried when Aslan died and again when he came back to life and the flowers grew under his feet. I went to see the new Narnia movie this afternoon. I still got teary when Aslan died and when he came back to life. It's still a wonderful story.

My sister has always been a bigger Narnia fan than I am. She read the whole series when she was young. I only read about three or four of them. I couldn't find one that I thought was as good as the first one, so I gave up.

I am more into Harry Potter now. I took a class over the summer called The Gospel According to Harry Potter. We made wands and wore fake lightning bolt tattoos on our foreheads. It was awesome. I'm really concerned about the future of Harry. I am convinced that he has to die in the last book. I think he is a horcrux and that he is holding part of Voldemort's soul in his scar. I will be interested to see if I am right. I'd really rather he didn't die. I don't think I could stand it if he did.

No comments: