Friday, December 23, 2005

Another Survey! Yay!

1. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
I have a fake one in my apartment and a real one at my parents house where I'll open gifts.

2. Do you put up Christmas lights on the exterior of your home?
Yes, but not in the front of the house.

3. What's your favorite Christmas song/carol?
Hark! the Herald Angels Sing, We Three Ships, O Come All Ye Faithful

4. What do you like better: turkey or ham?
If I have to choose, then turkey, although I really prefer pork or beef roast.

5. Do you open up any Christmas presents on Christmas Eve?
Yes. We have a tradition of getting new pajamas under our pillows from Mrs. Claus and opening our stockings, too.

6. Have you ever been Christmas caroling?
Yes. I love it.

7. What was your most memorable Christmas gift(s) that you received?
My orange sled, I suppose. It's what I always think of when I think of gifts I got as a kid. The best gift I ever got wasn't a Christmas gift, though. It was when my aunts sent me clothes a couple years ago. I didn't have any money to buy any summer work clothes for myself, but they sent me a whole box. They are the kindest people I know.

8. What's your favorite Christmas movie?
It's a Wonderful Life

9. Have you ever built a real snowman?
Yes

10. Have you ever peeked into a present and found out what it was before Christmas?
I don't think so, actually. I always love to be surprised. I'm not beyond shaking every gift in sight, though. Even if it's not for me :)

11. What is on the top of your Christmas tree?
a star

12. Do you own a Santa hat?
No, but I'd love to get some reindeer antlers. I had some several years ago, and we ended up giving them away in a gift exchange :(

13. When was the last time you had your picture taken with Santa Claus?
When I was 22. My mom, sister, and I had one taken as a gift for my dad. He kept it in his office until he retired.

14. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
I started in September.

15. Do you put candy canes on your Christmas tree?
No. But I would if I had some.

16. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
Probably my dad.
17. Who is the easiest person to buy for?
My sister and my mom.

18. How old were you when you realized Santa was imaginary?
Probably when I was seven, but I never told anyone. I liked believing in Santa Claus.

19. What does your morning of Christmas routine consist of?
I wait for my sister to get me up, although I'm always already awake. Then we go check out the gifts :) Still :) and get my parents up and then watch the cats frolic through the gifts before we start opening them. Then we eat the most spectacular breakfast of the year :)

20. Egg nog?
No.

21. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Another cat, but there's no way I'm getting one. Next year I'll probably pick one out for myself, though :)

No comments: