Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Debate

My English 102 students are working on their argument papers right now. I have decided to branch out a bit in my teaching, and I have picked five topics I think they should know more about, and I'm making them debate them. They're all in the back of the classroom looking up information about the topic of their choice right now. It's really fascinating. I think they may actually be enjoying themselves. I'll let you know how the debates go on Friday.

Next week, I'm bringing in some fun videos for them to watch. Some of them are Designing Women episodes. Those are so carefully structured into arguments for something. I really miss that show. It was always so smart and thought provoking. I think I'm going to bring in the AIDS episode and perhaps the hunger episode. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: