Saturday, October 14, 2006

Bella

About a week and a half ago, I met a truly incredible woman. She's one of the smartest people I have ever met, and she's incredibly beautiful. We can sit and talk for hours, and it's wonderful. We have stayed up several times this week drinking tea and talking until the wee hours of the morning. She is very sweet and thoughtful and kind. She has a 12-year-old son (she's 31 for those playing along at home), who I have only met once, but who seems to be a really good kid. He was very very polite and sweet when I met him. He also called her one night when we were out and informed her that he needed a new book, which I found incredibly charming. He reads constantly, just like her.

Tonight, Bella (for those playing along at home, she is called Bella because that is her cat's name and not just because she is beautiful, which she is) met part of my Village. I'm still waiting for the report on her, but I think it went quite well. We spent the rest of the evening cuddling on the couch at my apartment, while I showed her all my pictures and she flirted with my cat, who happens to think she is wonderful, too. At any rate, she likes me, and I like her, and it's all good.

There is one huge wrench, however. Her abusive ex-boyfriend (she's truly bi, not curious) is still in the picture, and until he is completely out of the picture, we really can't be together. It just isn't safe for either of us or her son. I really believe she's going to be able to shake him soon, but it's incredibly sad in the meantime. I hate that there is someone in her life that causes her so much fear and pain. I hope she is able to get him completely out of the picture very soon. She's too wonderful to have to put up with that shit.

No comments: