Saturday, February 18, 2006

Voyage of the Dawn Treader

By C.S. Lewis

It's been a while since I finished this, and I don't have the book in front of me, so this is an off-the-cuff review:

I liked Prince Caspian better. However, the mystery in this one sustained it. It pretty much follows the journey of King Caspian, Lucy, Edmond, and Eustace to find seven men who were friends of Caspian's father. They sail to several odd islands that include everything from dragons to invisible one-legged hopping things that constantly agree with each other. Eventually, they find the men, of course. Then Reepicheep the mouse rows off into Aslan's country, and the kids are sent back to their home in England. All in all, this one is a pleasant read. I recommend it. My sister says that this one is her favorite of the series. So there is another recommendation for it.

No comments: