Monday, February 06, 2006

Update

I'm doing pretty well at the moment. I haven't written in a few days because I have been pulling my hair out over a story I am trying to write. It's one I've had brewing for a while but haven't taken the time to write it down. Now that I have my first fiction workshop story due in a couple of days, it seemed like the time to do it. It isn't finished yet. I am hoping that my class (a bunch of white straight men) is open-minded because it is a very lesbian story. We shall see, I suppose. I'm actually looking forward to getting feedback because I haven't shared my stories much, and when I have, it has often been negative. This workshop is very positive, though, which is good because we're a bunch of poets who have trouble with sentences that stretch clear across the page ;)

I have been exercising a lot, and I'm loving it. I have discovered that if I walk on the treadmill and ride the exercise bike, I don't have to watch where I am going and therefore can read while I exercise. This is terribly exciting, and I am halfway through Isabel Allende's City of the Beasts, my exercise book of choice at the moment.

I started journaling again! I'm very excited about this, and my counselor has given me a few specific ideas to explore in my journal. I kept a very steady journal for quite a while and then stopped for a lot of reasons. I've missed it, though, and took a life-affirming trip to Barnes and Noble yesterday to get a new one. I think journals, like bibles, are something that a person has to pick for herself.

I have made a big decision (well, a big one for me). I talked to my counselor today about dating. I told her I want to date around and see what's out there. I don't want to be committed to one person, and I don't want anything serious at all. I just want to see what's out there. Plus I might be moving soon anyway. She said she thought that sounded like fun and that I should do it. So I'm talking to, well, several very different women, and I want to start going out on dates.

No comments: