Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Year's Resolutions 2006

The halfway point has come and gone. Let's see how I'm doing. There are *** by the ones I've done.

1. Spend more time with friends***
2. Tithe (hoping to be able to do this come fall when I'll finally be making more)
3. Exercise***
4. Lose 15 pounds
5. Get a college-level creative writing teaching job with benefits */2 (got a job with no benefits)
6. Join the singles group at church (joined a ministry program and the choir instead, which suit me better)
7. Read at least one prose book each month in addition to all my poetry***
8. Grade my student's papers within one class period***
9. Pay off at least half of my credit card
10. Call or email at least one out of town friend per week
11. Set aside an hour or two each week to clean my apartment
12. Keep a regular writing schedule (did this for a while, but now that my book is finished, I've been going through a dry spell writing-wise)
13. Go to the art museum more often
14. Smell the lilacs as much as possible***
15. Get a houseplant***

No comments: