1. FIRST NAME? Violet
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? no
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, it's exactly like my dad's. I think it is perfectly legible. My students disagree.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? No.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? yes, but I am horrible about writing in it, lately at least.
9. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes
10. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? my gut says hell no, but I've tried so much new stuff lately that I'm going to have to reserve judgement on this one for later. WW is a good friend to have. She makes me try new things. I make her sit through boring documentaries and poetry readings. These are new to her, as well.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios
12. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? depends which shoes they are.
13. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? emotionally, yes. physically, not so much, although moreso than I used to be.
14. YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? moosetracks
15. SHOE SIZE? 6
16. RED OR PINK? Red.
18. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? my sister
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? green pants and gray sandles
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue
23. FAVORITE SMELL? lilac and honeysuckle
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? WW. I'm still trying to persuade her to let me take her to the emergency room. It's not working. She fell off her jeep yesterday, and I think she fractured her arm. What she was doing on top of her jeep, I'm not entirely sure.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? eyes, hands, and smile
26. FAVORITE DRINK? iced tea
27. FAVORITE SPORTS? no
30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? no, I think glasses are attractive in general
31. FAVORITE FOOD? tortellini
32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? happy endings
33. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? Quinceanera
34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? gray
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? brownies and cherry pie
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Dictee by Theresa Hak Kyung Cha (I'm teaching it right now), The DaVinci Code, and Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? something boring. I'm in my office at school.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Law and Order: SVU kind of. It was on mute.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? owls
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? both
45. WHAT IS YOUR GOAL FOR THE NEXT MONTH? grade all 75 of my students' essays :( and buy some warm longjohns. also to go camping a couple more times.
**Four Things You May Not Know About Me**
1. I love it when students come to talk to me in my office. I like getting to know them.
2. I'm planning to start an online poetry journal mainly for women and the lgbt community.
3. I am really really happy with where and who I am right now. This struck me over the weekend.
4. I am planning to make fried green tomatoes in the next couple of days.
**Four jobs I have had in my life:**
4. radio news writer
**Four Movies I have watched over and over:***
2. Mona Lisa Smile
4. Lady in the Water (well, I've seen it twice so far...)
**Four places I have lived:***
**Four TV shows I love to watch: ***
1. Law and Order: SVU
3. Xena: Warrior Princess
4. Designing Women
**Four places I have been on vacation:***
3. Shenandoah National Park
**Four places I would rather be right now:
1. in bed, I'm sick
2. Wisconsin, visiting Lori
4. at my undergrad school, visiting my friends there