1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more
for next year?
I didn't make any last year, and I'm still deciding whether to make any for this year. I kind of have an ongoing list of goals anyway.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
a couple of college friends. three, actually.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I don't think so. Not in 2008.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I am planning on living with Zoe starting this summer.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 6, the day I starting corresponding with Zoe
November 8, the day I met Zoe in person
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I found the love of my life.
9. What was your biggest failure?
letting a previous relationship drag on for far, far too long. It's one I should never have been in anyway.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yes. I was sick most of the spring with the flu/strep throat/bronchitis/some viral shit.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my new computer
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Shady Grove by Crooked Still
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? much happier
b) thinner or fatter? about the same, I think, maybe a tad pudgier
c) richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
swimming, hiking. I'd have loved to have spent more time with Zoe, as well, but I think we squeezed every ounce of joy out of 2008 that we could, honestly.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
the horrifically bad relationship
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Law and Order: SVU
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot of odd stuff this year.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ingrid Michaelson, Crooked Still, and Girlyman
27. What did you want and get?
a relationship with Zoe :)
28. What did you want and not get?
more time with Zoe, but see #18.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
ate a big cookie and 29
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more time with Zoe
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
more cleavage. I didn't know I had a chest until 2008. Sad, perhaps?
33. What kept you sane?
chatting with Zoe at the end, before that, biking and swimming.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
the election and Prop. 8
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Love comes when you very least expect it, from very unusual places.