The Year in Review
by Willie, the big and fuzzy black cat
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
adopted a Mommy and sister
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more
for next year?
I adopted a Mommy, so yes. This year, I've resolved to get a taller cat tree.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no. but I saw a lot of little kittens. I'm not sure where they came from.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sometimes that happens in cat shelters, but none of my good friends did.
5. What countries did you visit?
I visited the V.E.T., which is certainly on another planet. I have a major cross-state trip planned for tomorrow. I'm going to meet my two new big sisters and play with my second mother.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
a very tall cat tree, one that goes clear to the ceiling
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 22 because that was when I adopted my Mommy.
May 13 because I had my first birthday party
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
definitely adopting my family
9. What was your biggest failure?
I kept getting my nails trimmed. This boy does not like mani-pedi's, even if Mommy says they are manly.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, but I did get an icky shot that made me fevered and sluggish.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
definitely my Christmas mice, although Mommy says I didn't really buy those.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my Mommy's clearly, because she saw right away what a handsome and loving boy I am
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
my sister's. She isn't sure if she likes me still :( I'm trying to charm her still. I even share my toys with her by putting them in her water dish!
14. Where did most of your money go?
was I supposed to have money?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
getting a new Mommy!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Ireland, I'm Coming Home" by Garth Brooks
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? much happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? much richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
riding on Mommy's shoulders and telling her I love her
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
getting my nails trimmed
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it home alone :( Mommy says next year, we'll all be together as a big furry family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
say what? I often stood on the back of the couch by myself at night. Does that count?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
anything on Court TV
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
The Christmas Cat
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
and new Mommy :)
28. What did you want and not get?
a very tall cat tree
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got two new mice, ate Fancy Feast with my sister, and turned one!
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a very tall cat tree and perhaps a long hallway to run up and down
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
black and chic
33. What kept you sane?
snuggle time with Mommy, numerous naps
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop. 8. I want my mommies to be able to get legally married.
36. Who did you miss?
my Mommy over Christmas break :( She's back now!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My Mommy and then my second Mommy
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
When you find someone you can't live without, wrap yourself around her neck like a feather boa and purr your head off. It's irresistible.