Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Some Dreams

I made a list some years back of things I wanted to do in my life. I have done nearly all of them, with the exception of meeting Anne Lamott and reading all of the Harry Potter books. The latter will be accomplished when the final book is released this summer. With the list so near completion, I thought that it was time for a new one.

Some Dreams:

The obvious ones first:
1. Find a partner
2. Have some kids

The perhaps less obvious dreams:
3. Go to the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival
4. Meet Anne Lamott
5. Meet the Indigo Girls
6. Adopt another cat or possibly two
7. Buy a house
8. Grow a garden
9. Go to Ireland and stand on the coast where my ancestors left from to come here
10. Go to Greece and see the remains of the early church
11. Find the family cemetery (it's overgrown now)
12. Join the teacher's union
13. Buy one of those fabulous round chairs
14. Learn basic car maintenance
15. Get my book published
16. Visit Powell's Books in person
17. Speak about being gay and Christian at my undergraduate school
18. Learn Italian
19. Learn to kayak
20. Teach a Chicana literature course
21. Study liberation theology in school
22. Meet Mary Oliver and tell her how much her work has meant to me
23. Go to Temuco, Chile and walk where Mistral and Neruda walked
24. Hike between the Cinque Terre towns
25. Take my sister to London for a couple of weeks and see a show every night and drink cream tea every day
26. Visit Josh overseas
27. Travel with Judith

That's one for every year of my life thuse far. It should keep me busy for the next few years :)

No comments: